This full-time, Oakland-based position at New Schools Venture Fund (NSVF) reports to the Chief Advancement Officer and is responsible for collaborating with the fundraising team to raise philanthropic dollars for NewSchools Summit, specific funds, and/or the overall work of NSVF. One of the successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to secure funding for NewSchools’ annual Summit conference in collaboration with the NewSchools Summit team. In addition, the successful candidate will cultivate relationships with individual and institutional funders, manage small- to large-scale fundraising events, and provide excellent stewardship to current NewSchools donors.
- Work closely with the development team on our annual campaign to raise corporate and foundation support for NewSchools Summit, an annual conference that convenes 1,000 leaders in education.
- Serve as primary staff liaison to all Summit sponsors: work closely with sponsor representatives and the NewSchools Summit team to craft effective partnerships around
- Summit content and events and provide excellent customer service throughout the planning and execution of the conference.
- Research and cultivate corporate and foundation donors to support NewSchools’ full range of activities.
- Project manage, create and/or edit written materials, including proposals, reports and other donor communications.
- Support the Chief Advancement Officer and Director of Investor Relations in sourcing new donors and prepping for solicitation meetings.
- Manage fundraising events, including planning program, presentations, and logistics.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven ability to work with corporate sponsors, sophisticated philanthropists, foundations, volunteers, investors, or similar constituencies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in and passion for education reform.
- Ability to learn quickly and desire to learn continually.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, simultaneously.
- Comfort working in a collegial and collaborative environment in which effective internal communication is highly valued.
- Computer literacy; must have experience with Microsoft Office, and ideally, Salesforce.
- Must have the ability to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound, and confidential judgment.
- Must be highly organized, patient, detail-oriented, and efficient.
- Must be collaborative, conscientious, and results-oriented.
- Willingness to travel, as needed, to meet with donors and prospects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required.
3-5 years’ experience in fundraising and administration or related transferable experience preferred.
Demonstrated success in annual or corporate fundraising, or applicable experience highly valued.
A competitive compensation package including base salary, opportunity for performance bonus, and complete benefits is available.
NewSchools Venture Fund is an equal opportunity employer.